The future of Mammography is at MRI of Woodbridge.
Also known as tomosynthesis, 3D Mammograpghy is capable of detecting 41% more invasive breast cancers and reduces false positives by up to 40%. Early detection is key – with the powerful Hologic Selina™ and Genius™3D Mammography process being more efficient at detecting breast cancer than previous technologies, we are now capable of saving more lives.
Breast Cancer Statistics
- 12% of women will develop breast cancer – about 1 in 8.
- In 2018, it’s estimated that approximately 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer will appear, with an additional 63,960 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer.
- Mammography has lowered breast cancer mortality in the U.S. by nearly 40% since 1990.
- Skipping an annual Mammogram could miss up to 30% of cancers.
With these numbers, it is imperative that you schedule a routine mammogram.
The Difference Between 2D and 3D Mammograms
- Women who use 3D Mammography are less likely to be called back for more testing.
- Can be helpful when trying to provide mammography services to women with dense breast tissue.
- Early detection of developing cancer can mean a more effective treatment route.